Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness is proudly managed by the Shoalhaven City Council and boasts four year-round Aquatic and Leisure Centres and eight seasonal swimming pools scattered from Nowra to Ulladulla.
From a meek shark-meshed body of water in the Shoalhaven River complete with an extensive diving board on the southwest side of the Nowra Bridge, the first swimming pool in the Shoalhaven was erected in the early 1930s.
But it has been since the 1940s that the Shoalhaven City Council has played an integral role in the provision and operation of swimming pools in the Shoalhaven community, including the Huskisson and Ulladulla sea pools, and the push for an Olympic Pool at Nowra following the 1956 Melbourne Olympic Games.
Ranging in age and date, the Ulladulla Sea Pool is the eldest of the aquatic facilities, opening to the public in 1953 while the Sussex Inlet Aquatic Centre opened its door in 2003 and is the most recent addition to the Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness family.
Formerly known as Shoalhaven Aquatics, the Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness centres and pools have a combined visitation of more than 600,000 visits across all 12 facilities each year. With an award winning team of qualified and experienced staff, you'll find all our major centres have 5 star Royal Life Saving Society Australia (RLSSA) ratings.
It is our vision is to continue to be a premier provider of health and fitness, aquatic education and leisure services as we strive to help and encourage members of the community to live a fun, fit and healthy lifestyle.
As a partner in the Royal life Saving Society Swim & Survive Program, an AUSTSWIM Recognised Swim Centre Scheme, and a proud member of the Aquatics & Recreation Institute, we offer comprehensive aquatic programs that are conducted all year round at our heated indoor facilities allowing us to cater for everyone in the family from infants to adults; beginners through to advanced squad training.
In addition to these programs, Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness in the Bay & Basin area and Ulladulla also offer both gymnasium and fitness programs that cater to all ages and abilities.
Activities and services available throughout our facilities and centres include:
- Casual and lap swimming
- Learn to Swim & Survive classes
- Holiday Learn to Swim programs
- Squad Coaching sessions
- Recreational Aquatic activities (water slides, pool inflatables & water features)
- Water & Land based Group Exercise programs including MOSSA Group Fitness Classes
- Aqua aerobic classes
- Child minding facilities
- Swim Retail Outlets
- Cafes and Kiosks
#12PoolsofSummer Photo Competition - Terms & Conditions
- The ‘12 Pools of Summer’ Photo Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entrants are eligible to publish one entry per Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness location.
- Employees of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion & their immediate families (Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness) are ineligible to enter the competition.
- To enter, entrants must post their photo submission in the comments section of the 12 Pools of Summer post of the Nowra Aquatic Park Facebook page or use the #12PoolsofSummer hashtag when posting their photo to their personal Facebook or Instagram account. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries become and remain the property of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness).
- Winners of the competition must be residents of Australia.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
- The prizes associated with the 12 Pools of Summer photo competition are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize.
- Prize cannot be gifted to other persons in lieu of the winner being unable to redeem the prize. Should the winner not be able to claim their prize in the period of prize validity, the items shall be forfeited without any replacement for their value.
- Prizes include 8 x Family Passes to a Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness Aquatic Park or Leisure Centre of their choice and 4 x Unlimited Waterslide Day Passes to Nowra Aquatic Park.
- Bookings and/or use of prizes are subject to availability as determined by the individual Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness Centres/Parks. Prizes are valid from 18 January 2019 – 30th June 2019.
- The promotion will commence on 21 December 2019 and the promotion will close on 17 January 2019.
- By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
- The Promoter is Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness, Nowra NSW 2541. ABN: 59 855 182 344.
- Entries will be judged at the Nowra Aquatic Park the day following the draw and an attempt to contact the winners will be made via Facebook/Instagram within 24 hours of judging.
- If Shoalhaven Swim and Fitness are unable to contact the winner within 5 days of the draw and Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness has made a reasonable effort to notify the party, Shoalhaven Swim & Fitness will award the relevant prize to another valid entrant.